Post updated on 7/2/2022 at 5:29 PM with additional agenda items per Teri Stanbro.
The ASC will run its July board meeting at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, July 5th, via Google Meet. The link to the meeting is as follows:
As always, we invite all ASC members to participate.
We have the following on the agenda:
- Discuss and vote to approve April, May and June Treasurer’s reports
- Discuss budget analysis form
- Liability policy update planning (looking for board approval to engage an attorney to review our policy)
- Sailing instructor certification discussion (looking for board approval to discuss bringing a US sailing instructor to Alaska for on-water testing so that we can certify our regular instructors)
- Education and race committee boat planning (looking for board approval for a joint meeting of Education and Race committees to provide recommendations and cost estimates for long terms teaching and RC boats)
- Vote to add trash runs for potlucks to 2022 budget
- Vote to add safety equipment purchased by Elayne (installed on docks and committee boat) to Harbormaster budget
- West Marine Pro Card Program changes
- Possible updates on Facebook and Website
- Membership application change suggestion
- Sale of Walker Bay 10ft dingy
- Membership discussion & approvals (executive session)
Note that we’ll be planning to handle our membership discussion and approvals in a brief executive session during the final ten minutes of the board meeting. In general, we’re big fans of transparency in our governance. However, we also want to keep details of deliberation regarding membership out of the minutes to protect the privacy of prospective members. You can find details of our membership criteria and non-discrimination policy on our Membership page.
If you have any suggestions for the agenda or comments for the board, you can now use the Contact page for this purpose. Just fill out the form and select “Questions or Comments for the Board” from the How Can I Help You? dropdown menu on the form.
Thanks, and we hope to see you there.
Leave a Reply