Northern Lights Regatta Notice of Cancelation

Ahoy sailors!

Given the unusually cold conditions, we’re making the decision to cancel the Northern Lights Regatta for this year. We’re currently looking at a high of 46 F, and that combined with cold water temperatures turns any capsize into a potentially dangerous situation. But a number of us (definitely including the Wright Clan!) are still planing to head out on Saturday just to spend a last little bit of time at the club before we close things down officially on Sunday.

Speaking of which:

We still definitely need a good turnout for the work party on Sunday! Normally the Northern Lights Regatta is a great lead-in to Sunday’s effort, but I expect that Saturday’s crowd is going to be festive but small. So please come out on Sunday if you can. A good group effort for our two yearly work parties is a critical part of keeping the club going. The forecast for Sunday is for clear skies, 47 F temps, and light winds. So it should be a really nice day for getting work done! As mentioned early, the work party will run for 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM or so. And remember … you don’t need to be there the whole time.

Oh, and the picture on this post is from this morning’s adventure. Oliver, Addy, and Caleb all went skiing at Upper Huffman. It’s a winter wonderland up there! I’ve also read lots of reports of folks skiing on the Hillside trails, so hopefully everybody has a change to get out there and enjoy the new snow. 🙂






Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *